|Picture from A Sweet Pea Chef|
(adapted from A Sweet Pea Chef)
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
1 tbsp dried oregano
1 tbsp dried basil
1 tbsp dried thyme
2 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cups marinara sauce
4 oz fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
2 tbsp grated Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
- Combine the herbs, salt, pepper and bread crumbs in a small dish.
- Cover the chicken breasts with the mixture and shake off any excess.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over Med-High heat.
- Add the chicken and cook just until brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Place the chicken in 7" x 11" glass bakeware.
- Spoon the marinara sauce over and around the chicken. Sprinkle parmesan over each chicken breast, and cover with mozzarella slices.
- Bake, covered with foil, for 10 minutes and then uncovered for 5 minutes, or until the cheese melts and the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve over cooked pasta, such as spaghetti or linguini noodles.