It all began 10 minutes ago. Husband is off at a banking dinner thing; normally I would go with, but no wifeys allowed at this particular shindig... I was hungry, and nothing in the house looked tasty, so I hopped on my good ol' friend Pinterest, to my board labeled "snackies" (yes I'm that OCD) and started perusing for some munchy inspiration... Personally I love popcorn just about any way you slice it, and had actually pinned two different versions of this same recipe, so I figured this was the one. Luckily I had a bag of marshmallows left over from camping this summer, so I whipped up this puppy, and it exceeded all my expectations! I made about a half batch from the original recipe, which called for 3 bags of microwave popcorn; I use an air popper for our popcorn needs, and 3 tablespoons unpopped kernels is equivalent to 1 bag of microwave popcorn, so I used 6 Tbsp and a 1/2 recipe of the caramely goodness. This amount would be plenty for two people... probably ;)
Make it. I dare you to not eat the whole daggum bowel yourself... Just try.
Marshmallow Carmel Popcorn
(adapted from One Good Thing by Jillee)
6 tablespoons of unpopped popcorn kernels - popped in an air popper
(or 2 bags microwave popcorn)
1 stick (1/2 cup) of butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 of a 16oz bag of marshmallows
- Pop your popcorn in a large bowel; I sprayed the bowel with PAM cooking spray beforehand, and I'm glad I did, because the caramel gets pretty stuck once it cools...
- In a medium bowel, microwave the marshmallows, butter and brown sugar for 2 minutes (remember marshmallows will expand in the microwave as they heat up, so keep an eye on your bowel and stop it if its about to overflow!)
- Take out and stir the delicious mixture, then microwave it for another minute.
- Repeat until it becomes thin enough to easily pour over your popcorn, then mix it all up.
- It is best while still warm and extra gooey...