Friday, November 16, 2012

:::{Pumpkin pie... GALLORE!}:::

So it is that time of year again: The Holidays.  Thanksgiving is just around the corner... This year, hubby and I will be spending this holiday with his family.  My husband is an only child (not counting the THREE schnauzers his parents currently have), and has a very small extended family.  This has been a bit of a shock to me, because besides my immediate family, consisting of my parents, younger brother, older sister, plus her husband and four kiddoes, we usually spend Thanksgiving with my mother's side of the family, which includes her four siblings along with all the aunts, uncles, and cousins you can shake a stick at!  In this slightly chaotic, but incredibly loving environment, who made what dish quickly gets lost in the shuffle and has always been fairly irrelevant to me.  Therefore, this past weekend when my mother-in-law and I started talking about food plans for the upcoming holiday and she specifically remembered the pecan pie I made last year, it came as a bit of a shock.  So when my husband piped up and said I should make a pumpkin pie this year, the wheels in my head began frantically turning.  There are so many options and variations of pumpkin pie!  Sure I enjoy a good slice of pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving, but I can't think of a time where I thought, "Oh, now this pumpkin pie is fantastic!" and if I'm anything, I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to my cooking; I want it to taste phenomenal every time.  So, I jumped on Pinterest and began searching through my desserts board to find the links to my favorite blogs and dredged through their recipe archives to find the perfect pumpkin pie.  Here are a few of the options that I came up with:

Pumpkin Cream Pie
This recipe comes from the Pioneer Woman, and she is an inspiration!  I LOVE her blog and her recipes are always amazing!

Pumpkin Chiffon Pie
Cristina Ferrare's pumpkin chiffon pie
Pumpkin chiffon just sounds divine, all the spicy goodness of pumpkin, made light (not calorie wise though), fluffy and creamy.. Yum!  This recipe was found on Oprah, by Cristina Ferrare

Easy Pumpkin Pie with Press-In Shortbread Crust
Martha Stewart made it, so it must be good, right?!?  Plus it says "easy," which is always a bonus when we're talking about a dessert as complicated as pumpkin pie
Pumpkin Chiffon Pies
Another Martha Stewart masterpiece; can be made as mini pies or regular sized ones...
Then we have our two different Martha Stewart Pumpkin Cream Pies...
Pumpkin Cream Pie
and...
Pumpkin Cream Pie


Caramel-Pumpkin Layered Pie
Caramel-Pumpkin Layered Pie
Look at all those layer of goodness... Pic crust, then caramel with dark rum, then pumpkin chiffon, all topped with whipped cream. Yikes! From Parents.com
Chiffon Pumpkin Pie
Chiffon Pumpkin Pie
It looks so light and fluffy and delicious! Found at Parents.com
Spiced Pumpkin Cheesecake
Gotta love cheesecake!  From "Annie's Eats"
Silky Smooth Pumpkin Pie
pumpkin pie, under attack
This recipe comes from one of my favorite blogs (smitten kitchen).   It sounds DELICIOUS but fairly work intensive...
Double-Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake Streusel Pie with Rum Whipped Topping
This recipe originally consists of a gluten-free crust, but I would modify that portion, since it is not a concern for me or my family.  I have plenty of non-GF pie crust options to choose from as well...


Pumpkin Rum Pie
Which comes from Paula Deen (LOVE her) and sounded delicious, but didn't have a picture...

See my dilemma?!?!?  So many tasty options, so little time! But I must decide... I will let y'all know what I decide/come up with and get back to you soon with my resulting cooking adventure.

Much love!
~Rachelle






No comments:

Post a Comment