Monday, November 26, 2012

:::{Coconut Oil: 1 week update}:::

So, I have been using coconut oil for one week, and I must say, I love it!  For most of my life, I have lived in very dry climates (long, cold, dry Alaska winters; and Idaho, which is virtually a desert), so about this time of year, my face starts to get these irritating dry/flaky patches, regardless of how often I moisturize.  But since using a dab of coconut oil as my night time moisturizer, my face has been soft, smooth, and blemish free.  I could not be more pleased!  I have found, when I use it at night, the entire next day, I don't need any lotion on my face, even after washing it.  For me, it absorbs nicely and leaves my face emolliated for 24 hours. 
Then there is my hair.  I have not had a chance to do another deep conditioning treatment (next I think I will try a hot oil treatment, as recommended by Crunchy Betty here and here), but I have been using coconut oil in lieu of hair product.  This is kind of a big deal for me, because I have wavy/curly hair that tends towards frizzy and unmanageable; I'd say nine days out of ten I wear it pinned back or up.  I prefer natural hair, so I don't straighten it very often and don't even own a curling iron, and it is my natural hair color.  However, I have a full array of products that I have tried and regularly use in my hair; I have tried every serum, gel, mousse and spray I can get my hands on and have never found one I really love!  They either don't help with the frizz and therefore are pointless or are too heavy and just weigh the curls down leaving my hair flat, gross, or crunchy.  So, you can imagine my surprise and delight when I can take just a tiny dab of coconut oil (I use a blob about the size of my pinky nail for my shoulder length hair), rub it between my palms, lightly smooth it through damp, towel dried hair, and simply let it air dry, leaving me with soft, bouncy curls.  My hair will never be perfect by my standard, but this is much, much better than it is with many spendy products I have tried...  I will definitely keep using this and trying different formulas in my hair.
Coconut oil?  I'm a believer! The possibilities are endless!

~Rachelle

1 comment:

  1. I got this guy's referral from this forum, and he delivered a professional hacking service to me, that saved me from a deceitful relationship. I strongly recommend you to reach out to this software professional hacker at 'hackingloop6@ gmail. com' for any hack related issues. I have used him a couple times and he has never disappointed me,His services include : bypassing social media security, Spying on accounts/cellphones, retrieving deleted text messages or accounts, You can also reach out to him if your funds are hanging in online trading platforms like expert-option ,cal financial, Analyst , coinspot, Ctx Prime, Fix Credit Score and many more.. He's also reachable on WhatsApp +1(484)540 - 0785.

    ReplyDelete